Technical terms or usage used in this website are listed below. Do not hesitate to contact us if you still have a doubt to best fulfill your quote.
- Breakaway shot: measured on the axis of stride, it is the distance between walking located in the hopper and the rebound of the hopper. It must always be greater than 1.90 m.
- Courtesy: distance between the two shafts, ie the “width” of the staircase
- Giron measured at the line of travel, it is the depth of the step.
- Height of step : height of two steps.
- Hopper: in a ceiling opening for the passage of the stairway.
- Landing: this is a platform used when changes stolen.
- Line of travel: it is located in the center of the step positions or 50 cm of the ramp if the staircase is more than 1 meter wide.
- Limon wood piece which receives the steps, and optionally the railing. Depending on the model, the stringer is located on the outer sides or bottom of the stairs.
- Nosing: projection of a step.
- Overall dimensions: development, length and width, the importance floor of a staircase seen from above.
- Riser: vertical portion connecting two consecutive steps.
- Railing: assembly of a handrail and balusters designed to provide protection to a vacuum.
- Winder: the stair portion that causes a change in direction of the line of travel. Its most narrow steps at one end than the other are said dancing or swaying.